Greetings and welcome to Justin Winter and Associates Carolina Mountain and Lake Blog. My Associates and I want to share our passion and knowledge of this very beautiful area with you! Forever, the northwest corner of South Carolina and the southwest corner of North Carolina has remained an undiscovered and uncongested scenic wonderland of natural beauty. Located just 3-1/2 hours from the Atlantic coast of Charleston, and only minutes from down-hill skiing in the NC mountains, and with a mild four season climate that permits golf and lake activity year-round, our region has it all. The lifestyle of some of America’s finest residential developments such as The Cliffs Communities or The Reserve at Lake Keowee, Bright’s Creek, Biltmore Forest, Biltmore Park, Reynolds Mountain and The Ramble in Asheville can be enjoyed in this region along the state line of North and South Carolina.We invite you to come and play hundreds of holes of championship golf by the likes of Tom Fazio, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, the legendary Donald Ross and soon Tiger’s first design in the western world at The Cliffs at High Carolina. You can also enjoy equestrian facilities, spa’s, tennis, marinas, wellness, and much more in many of these stellar communities.We realize there are many factors to consider when contemplating a second home purchase or lifestyle relocation. Our experts are available via our blog 24/7 to discuss your dreams and ideas and answer any questions you may have in order to ensure you make the right purchase decision. Collectively we have many years of business and real estate experience and the local knowledge to guide you down the right road. We are property owners and residents in communities like The Cliffs, The Reserve, Biltmore Forest, Bright’s Creek and more. We pride ourselves in offering our clients “Independent Thinking and Objective Advice” in real estate purchase transactions. Under North and South Carolina real estate license law we represent buyers and sellers on a client level basis, thereby ensuring our responsibility to provide fiduciary duty, loyalty, confidentiality, obedience, advice and council and assistance with negotiations. OK – enough legal jargon. In short – we work FOR YOU!!
Here are ten great reasons to consider re-location or a 2nd home purchase in the Lake Keowee/Asheville area:
- THE WEATHER!! Plenty of sunshine!! Great four season climate and best climate east of the Mississippi. A pastel of beautiful fall colors. Sunny & mild winters. A spring season with different native plants and shrubs that bloom weekly. A summer that’s perfect for lake and river activity!
- Abundant Natural Resources!! Clean air and crystal clear lakes like Keowee, Glenville, Toxaway. Wild, rushing rivers like The French Broad and The Green River, with level 5 rapids!! Dozens of waterfalls to enjoy. Millions of acres of State parks and National forests like Pisgah, Nantahala and Sumter.
- Convenience! Easy access from commercial centers like Atlanta, Charlotte, Greenville and Asheville.
- Active Lifestyle Communities – I’ve already mentioned just a few.
- The Arts! Cities like Asheville and Greenville have dynamite art centers. Try Greenville’s The Peace Center www.peacecenter.org and Asheville’s Art Center www.ashevilleartscenter.com. Take in a symphony, a live theatre performance (we recently saw Camelot starring Michael York), a ballet, or an out-door concert at The Biltmore Estate www.biltmore.com or how about the Eagles live at The Bilo Center!! www.bilocenter.com. I made it there from my lake home at The Cliffs Vineyards in 45 minutes. Beat that!!
- Low cost of living – The Carolina Mountain and Lake Region has a very competitive cost of living. We have reasonable tax levels and low insurance costs.
- Southern Hospitality –We have friendly people because we’re not in the rat race!! You’ve heard the term “southern hospitality” before, now come and experience. I migrated from Toronto to this area and I can assure you, southern hospitality really exists!!
- Very little congestion and commercialization.
- Great Investment opportunity – MSN money’s Liz Pulliam Weston recently rated Asheville as “The Top Ten Town for Second Home Investments” read more here.
- VERY FEW BUGS!! We have little standing water because of our rolling mountain and foothills topography. The little buggers have no place to breed!! Screen porches are optional in this area!!